Saturday, March 21, 2009

I found Pretty!

I found pretty today....


I had been talking with my friend Emilie, and we had been comenting on how Utah is Ugly... and it is. It's a desest.... not pretty. Though seeing real tumbleweed is interesting....


But then, I went psycho and went on a super LONG bike ride today... well, long for me. I was out about 3 hours. I'm pretty sure I did 15 miles..... Maybe I'm exaggerating... (I do that sometimes). But I found Pretty!!! I"m really excited about that....




I biked from my house all the way out to Utah lake... and then I found this side road out of nowhere.. so I went down it... and it turns out to be this random frontage road that runs along the lake.... It was soooo pretty : ) I took some pis to share with all my dedicated readers.... )I know that there just SOOO many of you).

Please keep in mind... I was almost alone.. and I could hear the birds chirping... and the sun was making the lake gleam.... it was really just this hugely zen moment....

4 comments:

Emilie May said...

yes, these picutres are pretty... i still think that utah is ugly when compared to other places i won't mention by name. come summer, utah is at it's prettiest. i'm happy you found early signs of it's good season...

Carrie said...

Um, you think Utah is ugly.....did you forget you lived in Eastern Idaho for years? Utah is a veritable Eden in comparison! You have mountains! Ok, I know they're not the Colorado Rockies, that is true beauty, but still, Deb, mountains and an abundance of them!

Deborah Athay said...

:) I'd rather have green. But, I recognize pretty whenever I see it!

Jessica @ Paint In My Hair said...

OOOH, very pretty. I actually grew to love Utah for all of it's baren, brown, rockiness. I loved going up provo canyon or hobble creek canyon. NOt that I don't love Wa, but it does get old after about 6 months when you get wet everytime you leave the house and summer doesn't come until mid-July.

My Blog List