Monday, August 10, 2009

Raindrops keep falling on my head...



I’ve had two songs going through my head recently that I can’t quite get rid of…. Grease’s “better shape up, cause I need a man” and “Rain Drops keep falling on my head”….


I went for a 15 mile bike ride yesterday, and it was just about the coolest thing I’ve done in a while. I really enjoyed it. I hadn’t gone on that exact route in a while because of the bugs… but it was really cool because now the birds are out they’ve taken care of the problem.


So, here I am... biking along Utah Lake and the sun is setting and there all these birds out… their these LBNs (Little Brown Jobs) and then I’m under them, and they have these bright yellow underbellies. Theres maybe 30 of them flying around, calling to each other.


The road I’m on is paved, but it’s been a few years so it’s begun to break down. There’s no one else around, so all I can hear is the sound of my tires on the road and the birds calling to each other. On the lake, the Willow is in full bloom and their shining gold with how the light hits them, at just that perfect angle.


On the way to the lake, I rode down this pathway. It’s paved with tall trees full of leaves on either side of me. I see this colt by the side of the road, and stop to check him out… He totally let me pet him. Playfully, he even nips me a little bit. Not painfully, just saying hi.


Whenever I’m bored or tired, I just go for a ride. And for a bit… nirvana will come along. Then I get home, and those two dang songs start switching back and forth through my head. Can’t a girl keep her peace for a little while longer? Why must other people disrupt that? Argh. Why can’t other people get their act together?

No comments:

My Blog List