Thursday, September 24, 2009

This sad state of affairs...

Sigh. Why is it that boys stink??

I’ve had several people point out to me that, maybe Boy is one of the key problems in that sentence. I agree. I would call them MEN if they “manned up” and did something about their lives.

Both a friend and I are extremely frustrated with certain individuals that we know currently… And it kinda stinks. It’s so rarely that we actually find someone worthy of liking… and when it doesn’t work out its sad. We’ve even gotten to the point of joking about becoming Mormon Nuns. Seriously. I’m back to that. I’ve been making that joke since I was 20. Hello, it’s been almost a decade. Ugh.

So, in determination of this, sad state of affairs (or the lack there of… (cymbal crash)) I’ve determined to get yet another degree. I’ve applied to UVU to go to their associates paralegal program. Since I already have a bachelors, all I need to take is about 15 credits. If I wanted to… I could be done in a semester. I’m going to do it in two though instead, to help it sink in better.
I plan on attending school this spring and summer semesters. By next fall, unless things change in my marital status.. I’m outta here. Good bye Utah!! I’ve made a pact with a friend that we’ll move together… we don’t know where. But the main key is NOT in Utah. ;)

It’s not so much that I’m waiting for a boy, to start my life. But rather that I’ve been so all over the place and so busy that I never made time before. So this is me. Making time. Being available (you have until next fall). :P

6 comments:

Cyndie said...

Before you give up on Utah you should move to Salt Lake. I found from personal experience that it is a better "hunting" ground then Utah county.

Deborah Athay said...

:) Yeah... I should check it out more... I'm just tired. For so many years I wasn't in a position to date, and now that I am... I'm just impatient I guess..

Carrie said...

Well, I've always told you to get out there and have an adventure! You've tried one place now move to another! Personally, I like the East. I'm proud of you and I can hardly wait to see how school goes and where the next adventure in your life takes you....maybe IF! ;)

Anonymous said...

Yes!!

About time. You need to get out of a place with such appalling ratios. (ratio of over educated job seekers-to-jobs, ratio of males-to-females, you get the point). Move to Manhattan, or Seattle, or Phoenix. Have some fun. Let me know if you need local contacts in any far flung places--I know some people in Scotland ;)

Deborah Athay said...

:) The actual long term plan is to look more into the foreign service. But that goes into effect when i'm 30 and still not married ;)

Deborah Athay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

My Blog List