Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Vanilla Pudding

So... I took a Mark Bittman recipe and I altered it... I super really like it. I thought it would be a good idea to share it with the world... but nobody steal it... ok? Ok.

Vanilla Pudding

2 1/2 C half and half
2/3 C sugar
2 egg yolks
3 T cornstarch
6 drops vanilla
2 T butter

Take a good, heavy bottom pan and a whisk. Put all milk in pan, set to med heat. Add in sugar, egg yolks. Once its warmed up and it steaming remove about 1/3 C of the milk and mix it with the cornstarch (I used a blender bottle...). Bring to boil (it should be thick). Remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla.

This is good by itself, but would also be good in a pie (banana cream).

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Looks like a tasty treat! I may have to try that one!

My Blog List