Sunday, June 8, 2008

Zions



Big Horn Sheep!! That's right, this is pretty much what I considered the highlight of our trip. There we were... innocently walking around when all of a sudden, theres this huge family of Big Horn Sheep... about 150 feet from us. Seriously close. It was totally cool, until about 10 in a sheep from another canyon started yelling-out, and the big guy- right there in the middle.. started looking at us and jumping down the hill right at us. Dude thought we wer trying to take over his chicks!!


I had throughout the trip, having a great time going over the idea that we were right in the middle of a community of Poligamists... I kept calling out for the "poligamies". My roommates kept thinking that I was going to disapear and join in the fun! I decided that since I didn't see any human poligamies, that i'd count the sheep. One man- lots of chicks.... I felt it approporiate. :)


We divided for most of the day as my roomates went on a hike that I wasn't comfortable with, but then we went Slot Canyon'ering... basically doing our best to get lost. I was pretty ok with it until we had to start doing some minor climbing. I fully admit that it was minor.. but... lets just say that I'm no Mountin Goat.. unlike Sarah My Roomie. Before I was able to force my self down the hill, I basically started to hug the wall and cried for a bit.... But then got over myself and climbed down.
The first night we failed to find a campsite.. So we ended up staying at a Travel Lodge. I was COMPLETELY fine with this.. though I could tell that my roommates were completely disappointed. We eventually choose to spend a second night there, and I worked my ways with the rangers to sweet talk our way into a camp site. Sweet!
Anywho- we survived, had a great time and got back in time for church. Good Times!!

No comments:

My Blog List