Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fascinating Womanhood

So.... On my recent trip back home, I picked up some goodies... Namely books. I had a whole list of things I was looking for, and high up on my list was my copy of Fascinating Womanhood.

For those unfamiliar with this book... It was published in the 1960's as a rebellion against the raising feminism movement. So, you can imagine that as far to the one side that feminism went to- this book went equally as far to the other.

I have come to the conclusion that this book is soooo incredibly awesome, that I have absolutely no choice but to publish a quote from it periodically. Please keep in mind that I find this humorous and one of the biggest laughing stocks I have ever come across.... and so... we have here our first quote:

Our Debt to Society
Although becoming the domestic goddess is our prime responsibility, it can become a narrow existence if continued indefinitely with no thought for others. We do owe a certain public good to the world, and it is such a benevolence that enriches a woman's life. If the homemaker can increase her efficiency at home so she may help those in need, she will become a better person and even a better mother and wife.

Fascinating Womanhood, pg 148


And it is with such a start, that I am now going to redesign my blog set-up to reinforce my feminity, as the book demands... @--->------

My Blog List