Friday, January 8, 2010

calorie counting

I think I'm going to finally take the advice I've received from my mother (shocking, I know) and start counting calories.

Despite what people think, I'm really quite active already. I work in a warehouse where, not every day, but often enough I spend several hours moving inventory. I work out 1-2 times a week. And during the warmer months.. about 9 months out of the year I tend to spend A LOT of time on my bike. I'm talking hours each day. :)

So, I must be doing something wrong in my diet to make me still fat. Let's be honest, I need to lose about 30-40 more pounds. So.... Calorie Counting. Gross. Not my fav. But- where do I need to start? Here's a projector that is telling me how many calories I need to take in just to maintain where I'm at:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/tools/bmr-and-daily-calorie-calculator.html

So.... I just need to eat LESS than 2,700 a day to lose weight. A pound is 3,500. So once the calories I'm eating less = 3,500, I should lose a pound. Let's see how this works.

1 comment:

Jessica @ Paint In My Hair said...

Yeah, calorie counting is a pain, but it really opens your eyes to what you put in your mouth. Talk to Kate, she's really into counting calories. Good Luck!

My Blog List