Monday, September 1, 2014

Why should I invest in my nails?

Weird question, right? I mean, its just my hands. And my nails don't do much for me.. oh wait, they do SO much for me! But how can wearing wraps help? I mean, sure, there's lots of stuff out there like this Nail Shape Personality Test, that's always fun to look at. But does that really do much for you? Probably not. You can also judge yourself off of studies like this Finger Length Personality Test which I have an issue with as depending on how I hold my hand, different fingers may appear longer...

None the less, lets look at some of the ways wearing a protective wrap can help!

1) Finger Nail Biters : Wearing a wrap can help incentivize those who bite their nails to stop! Within my group of friends (a very scientific group for study, I know) many of them signed up to use the wraps either for themselves or for their daughters. Having the wraps on their nails helps them to break the habits that they have developed. When your nails have wraps on them, you can't bite your nails!

2) Thin Nails That Break Easily : When the wrap is on your nail, it prevents casual breakage. This is the boat that I am in! My nails have gotten stronger and the breakage is way down! Yes, the nail does break under the wrap sometimes, taking the wrap off with it, but I've found that if I put a layer of nail polish down when it happens, it'll keep it on. I also put a protective layer of nail strengthener down prior to applying the wraps (yes, you can layer the wraps on polish! watch for a future blog post on this).


***Knowing that you have thin nails ahead of time, you would want to make sure to use the gentle removal methods (such as the olive oil removal method). And if you use nail polish remover, make sure to buy a STRONG one, the normal ones didn't work for me. The brand to the right is one that I use when removing my wraps. Many people can just heat the wrap to remove it, either with hot water or their Mini Heater, I would suggest against this for those with weak nails.

3) General Nail Strengthening/Protection: A common compliant when people first start wearing the wraps if that their nails feel coarse when they remove the wraps. This is actually a good thing!

Your nails are naturally buffered throughout the day. They get dirty, they soak in chemicals that weaken the nails and generally have a lot of wear and tear that happen to them. When your nails are protected and covered, this is prevented! The natural buffering,chemical soaking/etc does not happen! This is why, I always suggest to people new to nail care to purchase one of Jamberry's nail care kits! Inside of it is everything you would need to take care of your nails, including a buffer. The wrap first protects the nail on a daily basis, then the buffer will provide the polish/buffering that you will need. The nail oil will help to strengthen your nails and keep them to a shine. This way YOU control what happens to your nails, and what their exposed to.

Further Ideas or questions? Comment below! 

No comments:

My Blog List