Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Apple Cake (aka Bekky's Crack)

I made this cake the other day- and my friend Bekky went crazy over it!!! I now call it her "crack" (you know- like the drug). I baked this in a bunt pan. I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures, but what can you do? It got eaten sooooo fast!!! Those of you who know me, know I'm an incredibly picky baker, so generally when I post something on here, it's a really good recipe.

I'm in Utah, so it was made at a high altitude- if your in a lower altitude, I'd suggest omitting a little flour and draining the apples a little. I didn't drain my apple juice at all- I put it all in.


Apple Cake

• 2 cups sugar
• ½ cup butter
• 2 eggs
• 2 cups flour
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg
• ¼ teaspoon allspice
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 4 cups shredded, unpeeled apples (I used one large granny smith and one large braerburn)


Cream together sugar and butter until fluffy. Add all but apples and mix well. Carefully mix in apples and place batter in greased and floured 9-inch by 12-inch pan. Bake in preheated 350-degree oven 35-45 minutes.

Top cooled individual cake pieces with the following sauce.

Sauce: Simmer together the following ingredients for 12-15 minutes, stirring constantly:1/2 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar and 1 1/2 cups heavy cream. Cool slightly and add 2 teaspoons vanilla.

No comments:

My Blog List