Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Delta Sucks. DO NOT FLY WITH THEM

This is how Delta sucks:

1) I arrived on time
2) Their kiosk tells me to go to the agent
3) I wait in line for the agent- ten minutes
4) the agent tells me that I am now too late to book into my flight
5) they charge me $50 for rebooking my flight (Southwest doesn't do this)
6) they charge me $20 for my bag (Southwest doesn't do this)
7) I cry to the agent and tell them that I WASN'T late originally that they MADE me late (the agent looked away and refused to make eye contact)

so... I go to my gate. waiting for my flight. and said- hey- gate agents have MORE power. I go to talk to the gate agent- and cry to her again. she does NOTHING for me.

then I remember- this friendly guy I talked to in line who told me about bumping his flight and getting $400 credit for Delta. I'm like.. maybe they need bump's for my flight? So I go volunteer and they take my name down.

Yup. they needed bumpers- but since I had volunteered- they don't ask me- they just bump me. I TOTALLY talk them into giving me $400 for doing that. I was like- take that Delta. You'll pay for another 2 tickets for me.

DELTA SUCKS

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Quite the story, Deb. I'm glad they're paying up! I pretty much think most of the airlines suck. I'm reminded of the time we flew United and, even though we had reserved seats near the front when we made our flight reservation, they changed us just because we had a little kid with us and stuck us in the very back by the bathrooms with ALL the other kids. We had people practically sitting on my lap waiting for bathroom and we had all the kids crying because it was the loudest part of the plane and all the crying just led to more crying. Plus they "forgot" our(as in all the families) drink service until they were reminded we actually existed....like they could miss hearing everyone back there. Nightmare!

Deborah Athay said...

Ugh... at least I had the satisfaction of taking them for suckers and taking their $400 delta dollars... looks like i'll be taking a extra couple of flights this next year... on their dime ;)

My Blog List