Saturday, January 10, 2009

My trip to William and Carrie's!!!

I thought i'd take a second and write about my recent trip to William and Carrie's. No, not the actual visiti there, but my trip. As in, the drive. It was stormy. It was rainy. And the usual 3 1/2 hr drive took me 5 hours. :P
But then, I need to stop at the Blackfoot Walmart. WOW. I've sooooo been unaclimitized to Idaho. I was lovingly shocked and amazed at the sight and arangements to behold there. Needless to say, I was more fascinated by the people, but honestly didn't have the guts to take any photos oh them.... so I took pictures of stuff instead... but imagine if you will.... women with 5 inches of combes up hair with black and white eyeshadow to their eyebrows..... lovely image....
Our first picture here, is from the Men's department. Apparently carhart nockoff's, plaid and light up vests are all the rage this year!!

Oh- and don't forget the true neseccities of life... T-shirts showing your true devotion to the Charlie Daniel's band, and Johnny Cash (who wouldn't be complete without the ring of fire around of him of course).


And this is what first caught my eye of course... you know that lovely baking aisle in most Wal-Mart's that carries flour, spices, cheap tins.... that sort of stuff? I guess it didn't move all that well in Blackfoot.... so they traded it in for... get this... a BEER aisle.... Yup. The whole little standalone alisle was solid beer. SWEET!!!!


Well, to be honest. I really enjoyed my little stop because, well. It boosted my self esteem. It's not often I go in somewhere and i'm the most fashionable person in the Wal-Mart. It's quite the accomplishment I tell you... The sense of superiority, the sense of well being.... ah. This is the good life!!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Ok, so I'm glad you've moved past your Idaho days and you can feel confident in your choices of apparel but for those of us who are trying to fit in, well....what's wrong with black and white eyeshadow and big hair? I think I may finally be finding my true self!

Deborah Athay said...

If you want i'll come back up and we can have a make-up party... we can hold lessons for Jane so she can be ready to fit in with her classmates :)

My Blog List