Friday, October 29, 2010

Im blue.

Recently, some friends tried to convince me that I'm a red in the color code. I'm not. I've taken several tests and I keep coming out as a Blue. I think they misunderstand Blues. Blues are not afraid of confrontation- but we're more likely to be confrontational when protecting someone- or feeling like you need to protect them.

I don't know why I don't like Reds. They are just so unsympathetic. All the people I've known to be Reds- I've never gotten along with them. Probably because I'm not scared to stick up for my self. And to be honest, I don't get "dry personalities". Its VERY hard for me to tell when their being serious or not.

Bullying has been in the news a lot recently. Its weird for me because I was a bullied child- and still have a lot of insecurities about me because of it. Because of that I'm ALOT more ready to stand up for my self and others when I sense bulling going on. Protective to the point of being willing to cut people from my life who I consider bullies. I've done it in the past and I'll do it again.

As a child I was much more likely to avoid people and situations when I wasn't comfortable. Even though I LOVED dancing, (I was horrible at it) when I was faced with bullying at the lessons I would just quit. The same with sports and almost everything I tried. I think that's why I like Nerds. And Nerdy things. Nerds are just like- forget you- I'll do what I want. This is who I am. Then they let their nerd flags fly proudly. :)

Its strange to me that their focusing soooo much on the gay bullying. Not that's its COMPLETELY valid and needs to be worked on. But as a child- a teen even- I was bullied for being LDS and for being larger than my classmates. I mean- in middle school I had a classmate ask me when I was going to grow my horns and tail- because their church had taught them that Mormons would LITERALLY grow horns and tails as apart of their religious worship. I'm an adult now and completely understand and have sympathy for those out their who feel the need to bully- as I now understand that they are also insecure. They just express it in the opposite way. And the large thing? I now understand that by genetics I just matured quickly and was an "Adult" by sophomore year. Yeah. That was fun. Ha.

Anyway. Point is. I'm a blue. I'm insecure- I'm protective and I want to be understood. I know I ramble on and on in this blog- but that's the point of it. I mean- I didn't call it "musings on life" because I wasn't interested in sharing my point of view. Take it or leave it. It's out there for the world to see. And I know the world does see it- because I can see them. Anyway- here's an explanation of blues:

BLUES are motivated by intimacy. They seek opportunities to genuinely connect with other and need to be understood and appreciated. Everything they do is quality-based. They are loyal friends, employers and employees. Whatever or whomever they commit to is their sole (and soul) focus. They love to serve and give freely of themselves in order to nurture others' lives. BLUES have distinct preferences and are the most controlling personality. Their code of ethics is remarkably strong and they expect others to live honest, committed lives as well. They enjoy sharing meaningful moments in conversation as well as remembering special life events (i.e. birthdays and anniversaries). BLUES are dependable, thoughtful, analytical and can be self-righteous, worry-prone and moody. They are like "sainted pit-bulls" who never let go of something or someone once they are committed. When you deal with a BLUE, be sincere and make a genuine effort to understand and appreciate them.

No comments:

My Blog List